Nov 29, 2008

Limit Reservable Bandwidth in Windows

I want all the bandwidth I can get from my connection so I do many little things to get everything out of my connection I am sure many of you also do the same thing or want to do it.

Windows keeps 20% of your available bandwidth for quality of service or QOS. If you are using windows xp or windows vista then you can use this tip to get that bandwidth back.

To reclaim your bandwidth

--- Go to local group policy editor by typing gpedit.msc in the run window.

--- Then go to this address in the left pane of Group policy editor
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > QoS Packet Scheduler

--- Now in the right pane look for the entry Limit reservable bandwidth and double click on it.

--- In the setting tab click Enabled and change the bandwidth limit from 20% to 0%.

--- Click apply and OK and exit the group policy editor.

You claimed back your bandwidth.


No comments:

Post a Comment